PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Student Pax Lands Commuter Plane
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2002, 09:59
Ignition Override

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

Spagiola: I tried to describe in a previous remark some of the factors that can influence one's decision, if the information is available. We can even use a 'flite phone' in the cabin and push the buttons for ' *DOC ', and be connected quickly to the Mayo Clinic, in Rochester, MN.

If anyone has a simple, effective, always reliable method for determining the ideal decision for various medical symptoms (is it really a heart attack? Could the so-called 'drunk' have very high or low blood sugar? Maybe Type 1 diabetes: like my wife), which balances help for the ill passenger or crewmember AND the safety of everyone else onboard, please post it somewhere on Rumours and News.

Even our "Flight Ops Manual", designed by pilots who often have at least 10,000-20,000 hours of turbine transport experience (most of it DC-9, 727 etc thru 747-400 experience), are unable to describe the perfect solution for each medical situation. The first step is normally to ask the FO to 'fly the plane', as with most problems requiring consulatation somewhere. Pardon my paragraphs, I can't "defragment" them and be clear.

[ 15 February 2002: Message edited by: Ignition Override ]</p>