PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Flying Pay change
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 20:58
helidriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I, like many other unsuspecting others, loose nearly 10K and my new rate occurs 1 year after my run out date. There is only 1 dept in DAAvn responsible for this. Don't be under the illusion they fought hard, believe me I know they didn't. I would not complain however, if the money 'saved' was used to finance the Door Gunners and Winch Operators who are clearly also being punished by the same dept and still don't receive continious flying pay, and in some locations not at all. Consider this, is the decision not to pay them is because of the implementation of JPA (that was the excuse stated at least 6 months ago) or just another scam to save money?

So, no FRI, freeze in flying rate despite previous stated policy and rearcrew pay disparity. Not bad for a Corps about to celebrate its 50th Anniversary. Perhaps the savings are paying for the bash at MW in September?

Frankly, I'm disgusted and appalled so much bad policy in such a short space of time can negatively influence the retention of so many good quality Officers and NCO's. I don't know about rocking the boat, it appears it's leaning precariously with a trickle running down the inside. Maybe it's about time to abandon ship?