PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi Crew Co-operation Course (MCC)
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 19:54
Adj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
having done the MCC i'll give a brief description of the process.
For OAT students we do Groundschool for it on thurs & fri. I not 100% but i think some of the external students may have to come in for a few days before that for CRM training etc.
On thurs your given a large folder containing all the notes you will need for completion of the MCC. The day mainly consists of getting used to the layout, learning the checks and the standard calls.
Friday is pretty much the same as regards learning checks etc with your flight partner. Also you will learn here about perfromance and cover some other aspects.
You then usually have the weekend to assimilate all the info and the checks.
MCC1-5 then run usually mon-fri although this can be tues-sat if maintenance is due on the monday.
The typical day lasts for around 7-8hrs.
An example would be - 1st sim session booked for 8am. Therefore turn up at 7am for briefing etc. 8-10am is the sim session following a flight profile shown in the manual. Typically manual handling and ILS for MCC1 followed by the integration of automatics then routes as you progress each day.
At 10am you leave the sim and are de-briefed. This may take between 30mins-1hr. 2hrs after the first sim your in for the second 2hr slot - This will be 12pm midday in this example. The same profile is flown but with role reversal. If you were pilot flying (PF) for the 1st sim session you will be Pilot non flying (PNF) for the second session and learn that role.
The sim will then finish at 2pm and another debrief will follow again maybe about 30mins. Your day therefore starts at 7am finishing at 2.30pm ish.
You then can write out your performance cards for the next day then go home and brush up on what you have done, struggled on and need to know for the next sim session.

Hope this helps

adj