PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyglobespan - Confidentiality... Or The Lack Of..!!
Old 19th Mar 2007, 18:58
PocaHostie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Flyglobespan - Confidentiality... Or The Lack Of..!!

Hi fellow PPruner's

Just a little ditty that I thought might be of interest.

I wonder if any of you have had confidentiality problems in applying for new positions...?? The reason for asking is:-

A few colleagues have been contacted recently by senior Flt Op's management types asking if they were intending leaving to join a certain low cost carrier who's livery is predominently "orange". - You can imagine their distress at the fact that the confidentiality of their movements in a free market economy, had been breached.

It turns out that management are in posession of around a dozen names (all experienced captains) - who applied to the aforementioned airline via their website.

It appalls me to think that this kind of nonsense is going on. I'm sure you will agree that this has the potential to indicate that there is covert monitoring of employees and their proposed movements taking place.

I can't recall exactly which element of legislation is being breached... but I'm sure some of the more legally minded of you out there will enlighten us...

Your comments and observations please..!

It's been great... and it's been fun.... But it ain't been great fun..!!

Last edited by PocaHostie; 19th Mar 2007 at 19:10.