PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guernsey
Thread: Guernsey
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 16:47
Yak97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gbalu53

I assumed that as the Channel Island "expert" you would know that Malcolm Hart was MD of one of your local companies, not Fleet Manager (Or Manager of the Fleet as you quaintly put it).

The MD is the accountable manager, and thus has overall responsibility for the operation, including its commercial success. He then has a management structure under him to account for the various other responsibilities, such as engineering, crew training, flight ops etc.

Your comment "Titles within titles for a small company" was by implication derogatory against Aurigny, as another has pointed out, the CAA place restrictions on post holders holding multiple positions (except in the absolute smallest companies - which AUR isn't). You seem to take delight in running AUR down - another comment "For many years they have been in the dark ages and they still havn,t come out into the real world" is a slur on the hard working people in AUR.

Sorry if I've ruffled your feathers but if you have been in aviation that long I would expect you to understand how Companies work.