PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wideroe Pilot Quits due to security checkpoint hassles
Old 19th Mar 2007, 13:28
spannerless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jobs worth (The Golden Scanner award!)

I too have had various run in with jobs worths at check in and security screening never from the crew who still are my favourites in the industry! Nearly always pleasant, helpful and courteous, well nearly always.
One such episodes saw my young son's aged 3 & 5 in tears all because of jobs worth check in staff at Sandford Orlando
(What a crap airport, well the facilities are and some of the staff are rude arrogant and totally without feeling).
My two young sons had tiny and mean tiny sandwhich box size shoulder bags and two meduim size cuddly toys (Before the security scare of late) the Check in staff demanded that they either had to give up their bags which held personal medicines and sweets for the trip or give up their toys. I have seen lots a people carry on far more than my two sons on many a fllight up until the recent security. There was no barganing not even for small children in fact the staff got quite abusive and reduced the childern to tears not to mention held up the queque severely while we tried to re-arrange our carry on.
How un-feeling and autocratic is that!!!!!
I hope they feel ashamed of their selves?
Perhaps we ought to start the 'Golden Scanner award' or a more generic award for staff like this and name and shame them on a monthly post.
U never know service all round may improve???
Then it might not!
There have been lots of complaints in recent times concerning the United States and the way it handles it passengers.
Our family has lost lots of customers because of complaints about airlines, staff and security but have praised or hospitality and what we offer!
So guys your not just ruining your business!