PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI/ First Choice
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 10:44
BlueTui

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there is going to be inevitable catfights and us/them mentality, look at the Orion/BY merger a few years back. It caused no ends of headaches for certain groups and individuals with regards to seniority.

Thomsonfly is a very seniority oriantated airline(i cannot speak for FCA), therefore how do we procede further? the only fair way? and merge the seniority lists? what happens to the IFS/CM/SCC at FC/Tfly that are less senior? after years of working for thier individual companies do they get a demotion through no fault of their own? that then starts bitterness. What about FCA? they have some fantastic trips... will their crews resent us doing "their" long haul to the exotic destinations that Tui do not serve?

There are a lot of issues to cover over the next year or so and yes its exciting times. However we will not be able to avoid the catfights and i think it will get worse before it gets better.

lets not delude ourselves that this is going to be a bed of roses. but what ever happens lets hope our jobs are safe. That is the most important thing to remember, not what is on our name badge or where we get our suntan.

safe flying guys!