PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bizjet Job info - Requirements,pay etc
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 08:35
PPRuNeUser0215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on guys, give the guy a break...
Corporate can be a way to the airlines because you, as a person can make the difference in order to get a bizjob. But probably unlike the airlines, you ll have to show commitment, dedication and a real interest for th eoperator you hope to join.
If they like you, chances are they ll have you.
For the airlines, it s different. They need pilots and don't place as much importance on the "real you" (although you have to be fairly genuine at the interview). Since you won't have any contact with PAX (most of the time), your customer services skills will only be needed to pass the interview.
Personally I always wanted to fly corporate before airlines but found it nearly impossible to break in the Bizjet world. Not enough contacts perhaps and perhaps many operators thought I would run to the airlines ASAP.
Still, with a job market the way it is at the moment, it is very likely that you can secure yourself an airline position quicker than a corporate one.
If later you change your mind about your job, you can always try again with the Corporate world.
In a way that's what I did and my conclusion is that is is easier to get an airline job then it is easier to get a corporate job on a decent jet once you have done the airline jet thing.
Kind of a not the quickets way in appearance to do what you want but that way I got to do both and I now fly in this part of the industry I really enjoy.
Good luck.
PS: To get a job, any job, there is no rule. What works for one doesn't mean it will for you and vice versa. If you try hard enough though, you should succeed.

Last edited by PPRuNeUser0215; 21st Mar 2007 at 12:19.