PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Athens to Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 08:23
421C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Bose.

From LGL, I would file

LGL R111 CAN G4 JSY DCT ORTAC N866 THRED then expect the NEDUL1A into EGHH or, if weather permits, it's faster to ask to leave the airway in the descent near THRED and fly direct

This is closer to track than the LERAK route, and, as Bose suggests, you should ask French ATC and may get something more direct from the LGL area to Ortac/Orist/Aspen

Do not worry about the "DCT" - you are fully IFR inside the Jersey Class A control zone. They are excellent and you will not get any surprises. JSY to Ortac is part of the SID/STARs for EGJJ and has no airways transiting it at lower level.

(I am based at EGHH and fly to/from LFMD piston IFR regularly)

rgds
421C

ps worth studying the LFMD plates carefully, they have some detailed circle to land routes you need to follow if inbound from the south but southerly landing. Have the VFR plates in case you transition to VFR or need to depart VFR - you must have the local VRPs to hand.
IFR departures are subject to Nice ATC. Occassionally, they will impose a slot delay. Be prepared to file a Z fpl DCT PERUS then IFR, PERUS is their zone boundary and they can't apply a delay to you.

Last edited by 421C; 19th Mar 2007 at 08:33.