PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Flying Pay change
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 07:23
aytoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"...plus ca change, plus ca le meme chose...".

I was one of those dropped upon from a great height over the original FRI - you know, the one that was about retaining experience in the middle order of aviation across all three services? Then one that forced several of us out, grounded several others, and still leaves a bitter taste?

I left. Broke my old true-blue heart to be honest, but there is only so much that one can be expected to take. I met so many AAC at the next Army v Navy at Twickenham just after leaving -and had my hand shaken by some very senior types who admired my stand.

The stand was not difficult, as I had already passed 22, so the pension was safe. However...

The only way to make your voice heard is to vote with the feet. Having gone down the redress path - on FRI and another emotive subject - I can tell you that the road is long, fraught, and potentially expensive. If anyone really wants some advice on a s.180 redress, I will be glad to oblige. Just pm me with your e-mail or phone number. I took one of mine virtually to the steps of the High Court for a Judicial Review and (surprise, surprise) they settled out of court. Out of that experience, I am now studying law so that, at some point in the future, I can represent folks in exactly your type of situation.

Parting shot. Do not put up with this guys and girls. I know that you are worth much, much more than this treatment.