PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Start Dates
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 07:22
busdriver007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say unless the airlines in this country appreciate the personnel that it has available and begins to reward them, and I don't mean financially, then they have themselves to blame. Many young aviators who aspire for a career that is sustainable will start to take up the Cathays, Dragonairs, and Emirates of the world, and when the QF and J* and VB CEOs go "Where'd they go!" and all these aeroplanes they planned on utilising to pay off their debt(in the QF Group case) can't be crewed they will then take notice. Tell your sons and daughters to become a chartered accountant or a Merchant banker so they can buy you an aeroplane. Where is the succession planning in all this?

First courses for QF in July and yes some "new arrangement" to be revealed. This recruitment will happen regardless of the buyout. Maybe the career progression should be pointed out at the front door.
No word on detail, no progress on EBA's I am led to believe. All the management have dollars signs running through their heads and can't concentrate.