PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian B737 runway overrun/crash
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 04:39
theamrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's an awful lot of rubbish and speculation on this thread……….
There is no such thing at Flap 30 on the Classic
BOAC you are of course CORRECT – on BOTH counts.
---------------------------------------------------
THEN, the pilots had the ordacity to make excuse after excuse. The box never lies, trust me, ask it anything
Wesky – since you have the definitive cause already – and suggest the ‘box never lies’ – maybe you’d share the CVR,FDR and other data with the rest of us who are interested, and haven’t got access to it yet? I’m curious about the ‘excuses after excuses’ also. They weren’t perhaps based on the speculative waffle appearing in the media, as opposed to fact? “Maybe my bowel theory was correct?
haha. Honestly, I should not be joking. Apologies to those that I offend!” – Well, maybe you’ve got a point there, your ‘diarea’ theory is probably founded on the same level of factual knowledge, as that with which you express such certainty as to the blame of the crew, at this premature juncture. As for joking about the crew involved in a fatal accident – whether blameless or otherwise – the adults here can decide for themselves.

-----------------------------------------------------
AIR traffic control transcripts contradict claims by the pilots of doomed Garuda airlines flight 200 that a sudden downdraft was to blame for the crash.
…… For the last time, no-one ever said there was a sudden downdraugt, not the crew, not Captain Stephanus, nor anyone else….just a mention of one word by way of an explanation to the idiots and……. the birth of yet another media red herring which they invented and propagated. Anyone who has bothered to read the rest of the thread would have already known that days ago.

Sky News reports this morning that investigators claim the accident was caused by excessive speed at landing.
Accurate as always – so far that’s not what the investigators actually said – hopefully the investigators are a little bit more thorough than sky news. But then again, who am I to question the journalistic abilities of sky news, after all they have educated us to the fact that trains are steered!