PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wideroe Pilot Quits due to security checkpoint hassles
Old 19th Mar 2007, 01:10
ZeBedie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was an eye witness today to a terrifying near miss at the crew security Ministry at London's Gatwick airport. A sharp-eyed and highly trained security operative (we will call him Bill to protect his family) sensed something suspicious whilst checking the contents of a GB stewardesses bag. As we were all told to hit the deck, Bill reached into the bag and with total disregard for his own safety removed a small can of peaches. With no hint of nerves he scanned the label, his training taking over under pressure, and his worst fears were confirmed. The innocuous looking tin of fruit was not 100ml in size but in fact a staggering 125ml - I saw it with my own eyes! As the offending crew member was frog-marched away for further questioning we all began to cheer as we realised how close we had come to disaster. Overcome with modesty Bill turned to me as I patted him on the back and said, with the gravelly voice of one who had seen combat: the real fear is that one day two or three of these might sneak through the net in different bags. The assailants could then meet-up on the aircraft and make a fruit cocktail. I for one will never again complain about the tightened security and finally; Bill I salute you! (As described by a certain LGW A320 skipper)