PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmalta abinitio sponsorship vacancies
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2007, 22:23
Aviator74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay Away

Hey guys,

most of what u say has an element of truth to it, i have not heard of any non-maltese getting abinitio training with KM! only Maltese. I do Know that in October they accepted 8 pilots with A320 Type ratings from GECAT, however they gave them 3 different dates to sign the contracts and kept postponing untill 2 weeks after the guys had moved to malta in November. they had also been told in the interview that thet would have to wait untill after the first 30 sectors to start getting paid which should only take 1 month, some even today havent completed 30 sectors, 4 months after starting and therefore still are not getting paid. ......... oh yeh these guys who all paid for their own training up to and including type ratings and paid for their own base training...................are STILL bonded till the end of their 2 year contracts for £5,000!!!!

1 of these guys has already paid the bond and gone, which must be the shortest length of employment with an airline in history.

to sum up, KM havent had to pay for any of these guys training and they treat them terribly...........imagine how badly they would treat you if they were footing the bill!

stick with it, its the best job there is. however if u have a choice i suggest u look else where. Aviator