PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British KLM pilots to ballot for stike action
Old 18th Mar 2007, 21:30
Jam-Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BALPA squandered all the bargaining chips a long time ago and also managed to lose a legal action that should have been a straightforward win. After that KLM management realised who had the bigger teeth out of the VNV and BALPA and have treated all the UK pilots accordingly ever since. As much as we all hate to admit it, if we were KLM we'd have probably done the same. All that can be done now is for those of you who remain to try to prevent the total degradation of your position (if it hasn't happened already): or leave like most have done. Frankly there just aren't enough of you left to do much else, unless BALPA has woken up that is and is prepared to get tough and not just talk it...

I know a lot of the UK guys would like 'revenge', but the greatest form of revenge is to just be happy. Unless you are close to retirement I can't imagine many can be truly happy in KLC knowing you will always be second class citizens.

Finally remember how useful BALPA have been in both the BUZZ and KLMuk situations and maybe think very carefully about wasting so much money each month in your next job. Especially when the IPA is out there for a lot less money...

I hope all works out for you guys who've stuck it out. God knows you deserve it...