PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Flying Pay change
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2007, 18:55
Greenielynxpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see what all the trouble is ... I'm pretty sure that one of the earliest special flying qualifications in my logbook is "qualified P1 day/night Squirrel", achieved whilst at 660 Sqn some 12 months before I got my wings.
I also have "qualified P1 day/night Lynx" dated well before I ever passed my aircraft commander's check.
The way I see it, I am actually owed back pay
I'm sure they will move the goalposts again as soon as I mention this to them, though. I have always considered HQ DAAVn to be the graveyard for the Corps' sorry retinue of washed-out has-beens who are just marking time until their regular commissions expire and/or their children finish boarding school. This utter scandal just confirms my low opinion of them. I think it is time we gave them some work to do. A formal complaint under the data protection act that my privacy was violated (by publishing personal details in a widely circulated letter), a protracted letter-writing campaign to MPs and the press, requests under the freedom of information act for the actual data that allegedly supports this change of policy, followed by a formal redress and subsequent claim in an employment tribunal for contructive dismissal should do the trick. Even if I never manage to claw back the 14 grand this is going to cost me, it will be a cathartic and healing process.
PS - Anyone noticed the conspicuous lack of any thread on this subject on the arssey website? Does the conspiracy run deeper than simple AAC G1 ineptitude, I wonder?