PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Flying Pay change
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2007, 17:39
Letsby Avenue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about the flying pay chaps. I received flying pay the day I walked through the gates at MW in 82 to start my crewman's' course, 8 years' later, as Jeep mentioned, someone decided that all my time counted and I went from a middling NCO pilot rate to the new top rate of flying pay, what with that, and a recent promotion, my pay increased by 30% overnight - Changed days I guess but there are market forces at play here - the Corps has a ready pool of would-be, wannabe pilots and has endless resources at is disposal to train them, it simply doesn't need to pay a fortune for pilot retention. The civilian market however is paying very well for experienced pilots simply because the crusty ones are now sozzled in Spain.

For all of you out there who are just coming up to their 12 years' pension then get out and transfer the pension to your new employers scheme, if you are really lucky you should get a great deal when joining a Local Government Scheme (LGPS) (Gold Plated) Enabling you to retire at full whack at 55. For those of you that are to close to 22yrs then bite the bullet and go for the pension but not one jot more - you are worth more outside.

For anyone who doesn't fit inside the two scenarios given then consider Australia, NZ or the RAF (probably in that order)

DO NOT DELAY make your decision NOW! and don't work for peanuts.