PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Flying Pay change
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2007, 15:36
Eight Eights Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back again from a weekend of working out how to find the other £200 a month i was expecting from next month. Complete nuts and how how many people like me based there mortgages on the fact that flying pay increments should have been in concrete as all the paperwork states. I tend to lose 14000 over the next 4 and a half years and am not a happy bunny.

I do believe that there has to be some parliamentary answers to all this cluster and i for one am in the process of asking questions in bigger places on the legalities of it all and the fact that effectively I along with others could be forced to sell up now as am a little overstretched now that I am not getting my enhanced when I expected it.

Also a message for the peepers from HQ who regularly police this site. How about backing us up and offering us some kind of honest explanation as to the position you have put 90% of the Corps in. No your probably not bothered, too busy spending your enhanced flying pay and wondering how your gonna replace the pilots who sign off because of this. Simple answer is to sort this fiasco out once and for all and save millions on not having to train new pilots to replace the ones that have now so rightly been tipped over the edge.

I seem to recall a few years ago a few pilots being grounded for stress due to financial c--k ups within the corps and they retained their flying pay on medical grounds and did not have to do the job. Also I believe that now with JPA if you are grounded for medical reasons beyond your control then you keep your pay status for 7 years instead of the 2 years on this system.

While on the rant, anyone no about pay for instructors as surely this must be on the horizon. Looking at AFPRB the only spec trade add pay not to have instructor rates is, yes you have guessed it.

PILOTS

Divers - add pay
Dive instructors - instructors pay
paratroopers - para pay
paratrooper jump instructor - PJI pay

and the list goes on. Obviously not that well represented on the AFPRB this year after all.