PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing/Airline flying (FTL,s)
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2007, 15:04
xrayalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose-X wrote:

...However if there was suddenly a vacuum caused by a lack of instructors because hours builders could not/need not use this route the FTO's would have to pay what you are no doubt worth.....

It may interest all on this thread to know that I pay my microlight instructors 35 per hour and am paying (sponsoring, he'll pay back at a fiver per training hour) for one keen chap to do his microlight instructor's course to train on the C42 Ikarus (which has the identical airframe in both microlight and light aircraft versions).

So, the finger is right on the button when pointed at the regulators who would insist that he'd need 60k of training instead of 4k of training to teach the owner of a light aircraft C42 instead of a microlight one.

And one trained on the microlight one, you just need three hours with a 60k instuctor to get an NPPL light aicraft licence!

Roll on the microlight instructors being allowed to teach SEP NPPL from unlicenced fields. It may not make flying much cheaper but it will sure mean a decent wage for instructors, and maybe a better chance of flying schools surviving instead of going to the wall as actually hapens quite frequently.

As regards bus drivers, I ask would-be instructors: do you want to earn the wage of a bus driver, train driver or airline pilot?

I regard that as 14k, 30+K and 50k.

Whatever they reply, my answer is that my aim is that they earn at least 20k, and hopefully a bit more which will take them to the national average wage.

I need instructors to fly so as I can run a school! (And earn about 20k from that!)

Very best to all.