PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing/Airline flying (FTL,s)
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2007, 13:30
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oooh thats what I love about these forums, how when you can't come up with a logical counter argument it degenerates into you slagging people off. I especially like the use of bold to highlight my ID to make a point. I have no intention of winding anyone up, and I have no rancour with Instructors.
This is nothing to do with me giving training for free or giving it to a worthy cause. It also has nothing to do with me having a chip on my shoulder about anything, I am perfectly happy with my lot in life and certainly don't feel the need to have a mid life crisis and become an airline pilot!
If you read my comments before the "red mist" descended and you went looking for a fight I merely point out that the reason career FI's are not treated like the professionals they are is that the hour building FI's have lowered the bar by taking poor pay in exchange for the hours. That sort of person does not seem to give a toss about those that follow behind him when he has his comfy jet job. But the fault again does not really lie with the hour builders either, they are just trying make the most of the crap situation forced on them by our regulators and the airlines.
If airline pilots went back to selected sponsored training it would take the hour builders out of the FI role and leave a vacuum forcing the FTO's to pay those who chose to become career instructors a proper wage for a professional job. It would also take those who do the ATPL's under some delusion that they will become an airline pilot but actually do not have the team skills or management skills to tackle the job. Stats again, the airlines reckon that 60% of the hopefulls out there are unemployable as they do not have these traits.
I get my 98% and other stats from AOPA who talk to the FTO's and produce the stats, the average stay for an FI at a school now is 4.5 months. Just stats but not picked out of thin air.
Tell me VFE are you a career instructor or an airline hopefull? Why do my comments rankle you so? They are just an observation of the situation as it stands. If you can hold your temper long enough to give me an explanation of why you think it is different then please go ahead. An explanation does not consist of slagging me off to try and prove your point.
Feel free to flame away, you never know the "chip" might ignite and burn my head off......