PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2007, 13:07
vista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ol_Shep,

We pilots have a different argument which protects us from the federal MINIMUM, cabin crew are not so lucky

Could you please explain the different argument, because my understanding is the only argument you have is you will all find other jobs : The same as the cabin crew will.

At this stage the law says, you can't be coerced on to AWAs. Your last EBA has expired and how long before you will be offered an AWA is anyone's guess, depends how many vote it down I suspect-if it's a resounding NO towards the company and the union, then I guess it will be fairly soon after the vote.

Correct!, the company can offer AWA’s, but no one has to sign one and will continue on present conditions until they have agreed to something else.

Smile,

Could approval come from the same FAAA rep who let this into the EBA :

3.1 Your Role as a Virgin Blue Cabin Crew Member

As a Virgin Blue Cabin Crew member your are the face of our brand and business. Our commitment to Safety and Guest Service is demonstrated through your professional behaviour. Given the safety critical nature of this role and the fact that you perform it away from our main work areas, it is important that we are able to establish and maintain a high degree of trust and confidence in you.

This role requires that you be available to work within 24-hour/7 day a week roster. This includes working the full range of duties rostered or assigned on weekdays, weekends and public holidays.

The nature of our operation is such that your duties can be disrupted by a variety of factors beyond our control. In order to ensure that we are able to continue to operate efficiently during these periods and meet the needs of our guests, we require a high degree of flexibility from you. Whilst we will aim to provide you with some stability around when and how you work, it is important that you understand that your roster may need to be changed in order for us to meet our operational requirements.

By the nature of this statement, the company can do what they want and no one can do anything about it. There are no boundaries!