PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC find S92 & AW139 "Unacceptable"
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2007, 12:58
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't let helicomparitor (what a misnomer - should be helibiaser) hold court too much longer! The slur on American will not be returned, because I think European pilots do a darn fine job, and would be welcomed on my flight line, any time.

I believe Honeywell and Sikorsky got it right, with the EGPWS and has a piece of kit that meets the full requirement of JAR-OPS 3.660 and has a number of other, excellent altitude warning modes.

Noting the cause of a number of offshore accidents (as the investigator), I am glad to see the various modes of EGPWS beyond AVAD, and await an impartial user to tell how it works. Why? because an EGPWS is hooked to all the instruments and the warnings (aural, visual, and display) the means to improve it is right at hand, with a software update.

So, those of you who operate an EGPWS S76 or S92, let Honeywell and Sikorsky know how it works, and how to make it better.

helicomparitor you, to your passenger's misfortune, must go to your corner, you refused the advanced technology on your latest helos, so you fact-less opinions do not get a vote!