PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 18th Mar 2007, 11:49
Marooned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blueskyb777:

I am currently working for EK and reluctantly in the process of leaving. My experience of EK has led to my conclusion that moving to any company should be based on Ts & Cs and not the size/type of the aircraft.

Many that have come to EK for the widebody/new aircraft and international routes eventually become disappointed as the terms and conditions fall below that of their previous job...in EKs case any 'comparable' job. Be aware that also any contract signed today has and will be changed by EK to suit themselves and there is nothing you can do about it.

As for the lies, well for the many who expected their commands based on their seniority and experience within the company, who were then delayed significantly by policy changes on fleet transitions and the introduction of DECs, they were lied to. Lied to because they were quite blatently 'disadvantaged' by the company despite assurances to the contrary. As far as the DECs are concerned it would have been quicker for some of the F/Os involved to have remained with their previous carriers as captains and applied later as DECs...

There were others where the brake was applied to their 'accelerated' commands as the criteria changed after they had joined... I'd call that being lied to too.

They are now trying frantically to dig themselves out of a hole dug entirely by themselves. They are now even considering contract pilots 'temporarily' but if it works out it will be permanent enough to 'disadvantage' many.
Instead of focusing on the real problems in an attempt to make EK the 'wannabe airline of choice' they are reverting to type and the myopic solutions which will inevitably cause more serious problems in the longer term.

All I can say is be very careful in your choice to come here, especially if it involves giving up the chance for the LHS, and especially especially based on anything given out by EK HR/PR.

Good luck whatever you do.

Last edited by Marooned; 18th Mar 2007 at 12:41.