PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wideroe Pilot Quits due to security checkpoint hassles
Old 18th Mar 2007, 00:56
flufdriver

Whatever happens,.. happens!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am actually not against security at all!

But what we currently have is not security unless security is threatened by fluids in excess of 3oz and in bags larger then one quart/liter.

I contend that what we have come to call "security" is a charade devoid of intelligence or a plan.

The massive amount of scarcely trained manpower that is being deployed is nothing more then a social program with the hoped for side benefit of fooling people into believing that they are safe.

Further, the people that would be the strongest allies in containing security risks are being alienated by the agents of this security complex.

In addition, any sensible person knows that flight-crew have all the tools they need to perpetrate a terrorist act (with an aircraft) even if they had to board the aircraft completely naked.

(In my case, it would be considered a terrorist act if I appeared naked)

It is a charade to distract the public from worrying about cost of living, education, healthcare, infrastructure (roads, railways etc) social services and globalisation.

The terrorists and scaremongerers have won! I leave it up to you where you think they are domiciled!

George Orwell, is that you I see in the distance?

fluf