PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2007, 23:10
smile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brisvegasboy you have just high-lighted the biggest problem with this EBA negotiation- one I know I have been guility. Assuming a clause or condition means something that it does not. Or adding your own ending on to suit your agenda. The exact wording of the clause you are looking for is.................

Clause 2.3- Dealing With Special Circumstances
Where special circumstances arise which have the capacity to impact on our business we may need to vary the terms of this Agreement.
Any such variation will be through the provision of a dispensation issued by an accredited representative of the FAAA. Any request for a dispensation will not be unresonably withheld where it is sought.

Sorry BV BOY but I cannot find the part of the clause that says Virgin can go ahead and do what they want if they don't get the dispensation.

Please be very careful when reading this EBA. It is too easy to turn something into something it is not. Before this EBA came out I recommended to my crew that they DO listen to the gossip- then grab out thier individual copy of the EBA and see if what the gossip says is true or just a load of made up BS.

Also to put your mind at ease- I didn't just walk in one door of the forum and then walk out the other end brainwashed. I hammered them with questions. I sat there from beginning to way past the end- 4hours in total. When everyone else was leaving I was still asking questions and seeking clarification. I even asked to see extra data above what they were showing at the forum- and this request was met pretty quickly.