PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC find S92 & AW139 "Unacceptable"
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2007, 20:29
Aser

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
This little switch, in its self could lead to problems if the crew are unaware it is in the regrade position while descending low level, either IMC or on an inky black night. A warning on the CAS (Crew Alerting System) while in regrade might be a helpful improvement. I don't recall there even being an advisory, maybe Geoffers could help me out here, as I never knowingly fly with it in regrade.
While on the subject of CAS warnings, you get a warning every time you arm the floats, which seems to me a waste of a warning at a time in the flight when if something else is going on it would be good to know about it. The crews get so used to cancelling a warning as they arm the floats that they might inadvertently cancel a coincidental warning without noticing.
Even with the switch in "regrade" you will have the aural "two tones" and "LADING GEAR" , and the caption landing gear in the CAS.There is no point to be below 150ft with landing gear up when in offshoe app isn't it?.
There is no "150ft" advisory in the CAS when in regrade mode.
You are right about cancelling the CAS, when I arm the floats my right hand is on the switch and the left is ready to cancel the cas with the collective button.
We just need to add TCAS, moving map, HEGPWS,AVAD,cup holder,DVD,MP3 player, a good paint desing,de-icing,blonde flight attendant... etc. to be happy