PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Flying Pay change
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2007, 17:40
Horror box

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have bitten my lip many times over the last few years, and resisited commenting on many issues of such a contentious nature. This however, I find utterly, utterly appalling, and am so incensed by this absolute, complete and utter lack of loyalty being exercised downwards from those running this Corps, especially at a time when we need to be pulling together and looking after our people.
Over the last few years, I have gradually seen the pride and espirit de corps, of a fine organisation, being chipped away, and compromised. Our corps, made up of some of the finest men and women in the nation, who are working their socks off, being shot at, mortared, rocketed, spending large amounts of time away from families, saving lives, every single day and still dont question.
None of us are in it for the financial rewards, but what really stings the most, is that the reward for the hard work, frustration, stress, and danger is a whopping great big pay decrease.
In a Corps of so many good people, working so bloody hard, it is astounding that such a few people can do such damage to the overall morale and effectiveness of such an organisation. The morale in general of the Corps right now must be at the absolute lowest, and whilst so many of us are on operations risking our lives.
I am quite amazed that this has not made it into the national news, as it is a scandal of the highest order.
What will this do for overall manning? Not a lot, as all that will happen is that we will lose more of the experienced pilots, that we should be so desperately holding on to, and filling it with inexperience. Book keepers will be happy, but be under no illusion the overall effectiveness is reducing. When times are really tough, it is our pride, and professionalism that keep us going. I am sure the professionalism will not change, but it is hard to feel loyalty to an organisation that keeps letting its people down so badly and is clearly so out of touch with its greatest asset.
A sad sad time indeed.