PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wideroe Pilot Quits due to security checkpoint hassles
Old 17th Mar 2007, 16:46
DA50driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wideroe Pilot Quits due to security checkpoint hassles

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=169919
This is from a Norwegian newspaper. Roughly translated it says that a Wideroe (Part of SAS I think, they fly Dash 8's) pilot quit his job because he is sick of being treated as a terrorist every time he goes through the security screening.
I suggest we set up a fund to help the guy out, and to help out others who may "loose it".
There is also a reference to a Wideroe pilot who cancelled his flight because he was too upset to fly after arguing with a security guard about access to a crew room.
There are some very nice and courteous screeners around. But there are also some boneheads like the guy in Brussels that wanted me to send my billfold through the x-ray machine. I told him he could look at it all he wanted, but I would not give up possession of it. If it goes through and I get held up by a screener, good-bye license and money.
I think it is time that we all stand up and say "enough"! Let's brainstorm and come up with a solution to this problem together.
Any ideas?
I'll try to call from Guantanamo