PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current Daily Freelance rates ?
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2007, 14:47
chiaroscuro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen,

don't sell yourself cheap. its true and said (and I shouldn't say that) that a lot of retired airline and military pilots sell themselfes cheaper than they shouldn't - but who can blame them - the pension system in the US is not to glorious....

but its also true that the rates you all specified are rather on the low scale - yes glfaviatior - having 1500 US a day is nice and good - but don't forget those people who are taking 1650 Euros and more per day. they exist. it's just a matter of qualifications. if you are TRI/TRE - don't sell yourself below that ... you gonna make a lot of people upset...

I pay my contract pilots around 2000 US for a Northamerican Ops and that should be pretty much the going rate for the next two years. specially when you look at what rolls out of SAV and where all those birds are going. they don't have the experience there. These birds need to be crewed by contract instructors at the beginning.

So get yourself and FAA and JAA licence and you should be happily playing golf in Florida in about 2 years. that's what i am going to do....

So long and greetings from MDW
Ch