PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ60 Erronious ILS Incident, Apia Samoa
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2007, 13:17
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aero....mate no worries....have done a few NDB/VOR/LORAN thingo,s out back myself...and it is those thingo,s that make the pilot....the ILS is payday and requires a no different attitude than any other....stay within the parameters and the app is successful...obvious I know

Did an ILS into Victoria Canada late one, ****ty night......very late....pushing to get in...Airport @mins...cleared for the ILS on vector ......they had changed Rwys on our arrival and hadnt switched the localizer around(same ILS freq feeds both runways)........intercepted on a 15 mile final..... and thats when the fun started....used the NDB (OM) to maintain track the localizer......finally asked the controller if the ILS was protected,any problems...it was then they confessed....go-around vectors....for another app.....

My point....sometimes red flags dont always need instant rections....there is time to discuss and situations like these,and it tellS how well a crew does and reacts....and eventually the outcome....nothing is written in stone..

GB....DITTO