PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2007, 02:22
smile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI Guys,

I have now been to one of the forums and believe I have a much better understanding of this proposed EBA. I see how certain decisions were made in regards to where we lost on a condition or gained on a condition. It really is a big balancing act.

Taking into account that we are all adults, and are happy to look at both sides of the picture I would like you encourage you to look at the EBA over the next few days and post what you DO and DON'T like about the proposal.

I am sure that we all have different needs so ensuring that we make the most informed decision is of a high priority. I would hate to think that I have misinterpreted a condition and voted the wrong way because of it.

Positive- the Cabin Crew Consultative Committee- These guys will meet to rectify any issues that arise out of this EBA. If something is not safe, being interpreted many different ways or not implemented the way it was intended the CCC will work at fixing it.

Negative- We now pay for our passport and visa costs- however we can retrieve part of the cost as a tax deduction. I also figure that if I was negotiating this EBA this would be one of the first things I would be willing to trade for something better.

Negative- the company has the right to Transfer us between bases. Remember that this is not a new clause (old EBA part 18) although it is a little scary. I can take comfort in the fact that this is a very costly exercise for the company so wouldn't be done just for the fun of it. And I have to trust that they would ask for volunteers first because they would lose quite a few crew members if they didn't.

Negative - Maximum term Cabin Crew- look at Qantas - scary.

- mixed- I was told personally by one of our FAAA reps (about 6months ago) that CS's would be getting quite a good pay rise so I was disappointed not to see that. However on the up side it is good to see other things in the EBA (ie hourly rates and maternity leave) being worked out by our total salary rather than just the base.

Productivity and Gain share- Lets face it we don't have to do anything extra for these.

Rest break penalties work out marginally better

Acting CS pay is much better

Not sure how the optional days and drafting situation will work out. I guess only time will tell if the PBS system cuts down on the need for calling so many crew out to cover sick leave.