PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT (Oxford) - the thread, reborn (Part XXVII)!
Old 16th Mar 2007, 19:07
skylog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop Personal Experience

Just a few lines about what i experienced at OAT.

OAT got me from A-Z via the modular route, in hindsight i would probably go there again since the training was top notch, training standards were high, tolerances were restrictive which undoubtedly made me a better pilot, staff were helpful, i met a few interesting albeit entertaining people and made a lot of friends.

Regarding career help i didnt get any(i was modular), other than CV help and occasional correspondence with advice and updates from N.M.(A true gentleman), having said that i know a few APP guys who got recommended to the majors even though they had a 2nd series pass and you wouldnt want to spend a minute stuck in a ''tin can'' with them, While other APP students who had exceptional results are still waiting.
Highlighting the fact that there still is a hint of nepotism when it comes to the recommendations board.

OAT did include My recent employment in their web page statistics, even though i got it through my sheer determination, however i have no problem with that since they do have a disclaimer in full view.

I doubt that having OAT on my CV helped in me securing a job however going there surely instilled in me some basic principles, techniques and airmanship which i found really helpfull in subsequent interviews, checkrides and day to day flying.

As i said OAT was and probably still is a great school and it is a business at the end of the day, your outcome depends on what your attitude is like and how you deal with people and situations.

Last edited by skylog; 16th Mar 2007 at 19:58. Reason: typo