PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 16th Mar 2007, 17:51
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Tucemseh wrote:
Here’s my balanced view ACM. If you’ve gone into print and lambasted the Government and MoD for inflicting these issues on you, then I’ll retract. Otherwise – do your job
Here here Tuc! Such complacent and "on message" comments as attributed to Sir Glenn above may secure his future (or so he thinks), but it is bad news for our aircrews and troops obliged to soldier on waiting on the capacity of "Industry". The words tails and wagging come to mind. The Royal Air Force has very serious deficits in AT and SH quality and quantity. At any time this would require urgently addressing, but in war it has to be done immediately and effectively. The track record to date shows neither, and is a scandalous disgrace. The person with direct responsibility is the CAS and it is time for him to go. I do not expect him to resign, no one ever does these days, so time for some imaginative script writing. His replacement must be some one up to the job, ie ensuring the operational effectiveness of the RAF. As for Sir Glenn, perhaps BAE have a slot for a flying salesman to flog Typhoons. Oh, they have? Excellent news!