PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Flying Pay change
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2007, 13:11
Eight Eights Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been itching to get my bit in but only just remebered password and as a person that now has to mark time for another 4 1/2 years to go onto enhanced I feel a few words need to be said.

Correct me if I am wrong but a flying tour is a flying tour and it is deemed to be 4 years as it is across the services. Therefore:

0-4 years lower rate
4-8 years middle rate
8-12 years higher rate
12+ enhanced

I was a Cpl pilot and had the long wait for Ac Comd and got it after 4 1/2 years but was already on middle rate as being a pilot and completed 9 yrs reckonable got it after 3 years as the rules clearly defined. i then went onto Ac Comd middle rate and subsequently higher rate at the 8 yr point.

During this time there was confusion for everyone in this bracket and clearly remebered and still have possession of a letter from DAAvn stating that to avoid confusion flying tours were 4, 8, 12 respectively and we all agreed.

To state the rules now and having read the recent letter from DAAvn there is a complete shift and if you read the rules then all these years since 1964 (the pay warrant) there was no justification for getting Ac Comd as you would have reverted to P1 initial. Clearly a load of B----x as usual. Surely the tours of 4, 8 and 12 are stead fast and the incentive to command and qualify was rewarded with the extra pay for the extra responsibility. Call me old fashioned but this is the norm in civ div for any pilot receiving command. More responsibility-more pay.

It is also worth noting on the AFPRB 07 that it clearly states that to go onto enhanced you must have been in receipt of higher rate for the previous 4 years. Who is right the AFPRB or the clown who introduced this JPA fiasco.

Also with regards to P1 and P2 - years ago and more so today I used to log P1 in the relevant column but still got P2 pay so surely somewhere along the line i must be due back pay for all my P1 time. Clearly not cause you would not be able to work it out but its worth a legal wrangle if nothing else.

Many more comments to come now I have my password but must dash for now but has anyone got the number of that legal beagle that was used in the FRI scandal a couple of years ago. Bet he could do with a few more clients to cater for.