PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guernsey
Thread: Guernsey
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2007, 11:50
J-Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flights between Jersey and Southend averaged an 89% load factor last summer. It is an established leisure route that I am sure Guernsey could support. However, I doubt the route is a priority considering the Island’s attempts to secure other high-profile routes from the UK and Europe.

Looking at how Guernsey is attempting to encourage new air-links, I hope that Aurigny play a part in any growth. It seems absurd that Guernsey cannot rely on their state-owned airline to fulfil its tourism needs. Granted, any new routes will need financial support from authorities, however, there are gaps in Guernsey’s market which Aurigny is best positioned to serve in the Island’s interests.

Interestingly, I saw on the news that Blue Islands was in talks with bmi to create a code-share agreement for Guernsey passengers on the Jersey-Heathrow route. Whilst there will be difficulties in launching such an agreement, it further demonstrates the innovation and quality that Blue Islands have brought to the C.I. market.