PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad
Thread: Etihad
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2007, 11:28
HoHum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So right

SEBBY - You are so correct in your comments - but unfortuantely the people on here say "... oh I know someone......" but these people (making the comment on behalf of the person they know) have not themselves necessarily worked for the QF group to know the internal structure. They therefore can make misinformed interpretations about how "good" QF crew have it. And they are not aware how QF is trying to change the conditions (ie Short haul crew doing L/Haul flights, JQ taking over many S/Haul routes etc etc) As you say the conditions that any "OLD" QF crew had are quickly deteriorating.

EYTRUTH - By checking our staff travel website, you would find a list of all the carriers who we can fly, and yes, QF is one of them. Its why we also have BA (they are part of One World ).
Also, I can undersand partially, your comment "As for the EK-EY comparison, when EY turns 25 years, some people will still say “it’s a new airline, it’s normal to have same problems we had when we were 3 years old”, but really? People would at least be able to work out for themselves that this would not be a valid argument. But at this time given EY's age in the industry, I feel it is a fair comment.....in a few years though, I would agree we could no longer use this as any form of excuse.
As I said, I worked for one which was very established and they tried that excuse - but we really knew that it was a crap statement and no longer valid....
The staff salaries are starting to increase - CM's will recieve them in the next salary (Duty pay and Base) and the other increases will follow throughout the next few months down the line. So your comment about it not being implemented yet, leaves me a little perplexed...... As you said - it is all there in black and white.. And yes, it is very good compared to the EK package.

Yes, our loads are starting to build on our flights and that is a GOOD thing to ensure we still have a job at the end of the day - we are building up our company...that is what all airlines aim for.....I can guarantee you that EK don't run around with empty flights either....

Staff training is 6 weeks in total too for those who are interested....

Last edited by HoHum; 16th Mar 2007 at 12:19. Reason: spelling