PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2007, 10:00
EBA_Babylon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another concern...

Avery- Here, here! Sometimes I wonder who might be reading and writing in this forum, particularly those stating basicly, this is as good as we're going to get, and to be careful (as in- don't vote no) as you'll be on AWA's before you know it. Sounds like management if you ask me! I re-read your points made and I agree, (although 6.1.1 - I couldn't find, am I missing a page or was that a typo? ) and every time I read over the doc I find something else lurking in the background to take advantage of the fact that alot of crew will just "gloss" over thier glossy document!

In regards to changes to sick leave- this is quoted from the FAAA update #23 explanatory notes:

1.What is supporting documentation?

A medical certificate from a health practitioner registered or licensed under a state or territory law. A registered health practitioner can only issue a medical certificate in respect of the area of practice in which that practitioner is registered or licensed. If it is not reasonably practicable for you to obtain a medical certificate for a period of sick leave, then a statutory declaration may be provided. For example, a statutory declaration could be provided where you are unable to make an appointment with their medical practitioner on a particular day.

Does this mean we are required to see thier doctors only to aquire a medical certificate if we're sick? hmmm....