PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it acceptable or appropriate for PPLs to wear 1 gold bar
Old 16th Mar 2007, 09:58
wombat13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd anniversary of the GST this Sunday. This thread and approaching date brings back fond memories of arrival back home from field.
It was my little boys third birthday and the house was full of kids and parents (lots of yummy mummies, but that's another story). I walk in the door to a barrage of p1ss taking of monumental proportions. I had not only kept my passtime a secret outside of my family, but only my wife knew about the GST. She however did not mind sharing this information with her friends after a glass or three of fizzy wine. What if I had failed I was then "presented" with a tatty "captains" hat which she had bought at the local charity shop.
After about two hours of this I went to the pub. My wife give me a kiss as I left and told me I was no longer allowed to bore her with talk of flying. I am pretty sure she would make me an appointment with the AME if I was to even consider wearing epaulettes.

Last edited by wombat13; 16th Mar 2007 at 11:09. Reason: spelling