PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL av school
Thread: PAL av school
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2007, 06:01
Skybound0210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Additional orders

I guess Cebupac has just recently made purchase order worth $1.3B of additional A319/320. 10 are firm orders while 5 are options...and should the 5 options become firm orders, they will add an additional 5 options.

So all you enthusiasts who are willing to cough up P1.8M for your training, this maybe your chance.

Although I may have some hesitations about very low-time FOs flying big jets, one thing I come to realize is that it's all about foundation in one's training. Experience does play a big role in how one performs, but it's how you do in your first 300 hours that will determine what kind of a pilot you are...any flight time you get thereafter is simply time-building and does nothing to improve you except for the occasional "hmmm I didn't know that was possible" or "well that's something new" experience.

Let's face it, when will you ever do chandelles, lazy eights and all those other maneuvers except during training.

But once again, it's all about getting good training...and hopefully CIA does have that.

So for all you high-time pilots who fear flying with a low-time pilot, you may want to consider your own abilities...and who knows, these low-time pilots may actually have better basic fundamental flying capabilities than you do.

BUT...and I mean BUT, for all you guys that are inspiring to be commercial airline pilots, you may want to consider your age because if your between 18 to 24 years of age, chances are you still don't know your head from your ass...in short, you are not mentally mature for airline jet flying.

So if your young and you want to start out early, you can forget about the partying, boozing, the women or sticking your finger in your nose, because flying is no joke and requires lots of discipline and mental preparedness...I have had lots of friends die flying because they were just not prepared.

So cheers to everyone and hope that this has helped a bit. Just my two cents worth.