PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF 777 order "being negotiated"?
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2007, 23:39
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ozstriker..

I'm not negative I'm a realist....

Actually accountants like make money by saving money or investing with as little risk as possible.That means the purchase of an airline with a huge amount of debt and high risk factors is very unlike most accountants.

The article that was quoted at the started of the thread backs that up.The debt level of Qantas will go from the sublime to the ridiculous and that is what is worrying most pundits.

You mentioned that "There is huge potential for growth in Qantas"....IF YOU had spent the time to read the article then you would have understood the meaning.It is about selling production slots..not expanding...as I pointed out.

It looks as though you are a supporter of the proposed takeover and thats fine but read between the lines.Qantas under Darth has had the opportunity to expand but has not.We have made record profits and what expansion has Darth made except for his bonus.

My post was in response to a number of jet jockeys salivating over what new toys they might get rather than what the article was proposing.

In all probability the new owners will be looking at any way to reduce that level of debt and most of us know what that means.