PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ba Cityflyer
Thread: Ba Cityflyer
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2007, 22:10
marlowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Location, the article is almost a year old and the word mainline in it does not refer to mainline BA just the journalist meaning that the aircraft can do longer sectors, the only "new" aircraft that Cityflyer is likely to get is the 85RJ the smaller lighter version of the RJ100, rumour has it that at least two have been earmarked and they will be swapped for two RJ100s. The presentation i sat through actually talked about Embraer195s so go figure, mind you it also said that LCY was building a second runway!!! ( insert howls of laughter!) there is a plan to extend the stands out over the water at stand 1 end of the airport but that is still at the talking stage and it would have to be completed before you could realistically operate 318s into the airport, its not just about the runway you gotta park them as well!! At the moment the only aircraft that can get the most pax out is the RJ100 and that has limited capability on certain days .gps117 i think it should be said that when you transfered from MAN it was because mainline were recruiting and also that BACX were looking to offload crew from the MAN base, the fact still remains that there was and still is no RIGHT of transfer into mainline at the time it was mutually beneficial for all parties involved.The word transfered is a little misleading in your post.

Last edited by marlowe; 15th Mar 2007 at 22:44.