PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guernsey
Thread: Guernsey
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2007, 21:52
Ayline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think a merger of Aurigny with Blue Islands would be bad news for Guernsey. A bit of competition is a good thing. Look what happened to the Jersey-Alderney route. Aurigny were operating a once daily service and then Blue Islands came along promising the reinstatement of the twice daily service. What are we left with now? - 5 flights operated by Blue Islands a week with no direct flights available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. There are many things I like about Blue Islands but I would not like to see them have a monopoly on inter island flights. As for the Guernsey-UK routes, I know of many people who choose to fly Aurigny rather than Flybe. I generally find that Aurigny flights work out cheaper. The baggage charges have not helped Flybe's image locally. I also like Aurigny's policy of trying to operate delayed flights caused by bad weather rather than cancelling. Having said all that, I do like the Flybe Q400s. In summary, I think there is a place for all 3 three airlines.