PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad
Thread: Etihad
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2007, 20:07
EYtruth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, lets start :-)

Andyman_82 – yes, we do get stuff travel on EK,QR,BA,LH, etc. Not sure for QF but u can use EK, and EY as well, if u r planning to travel to Oz. ;-)

FLEEBOI - With the new salary scheme (fully implemented till the end of 2007) I think u can expect around 15 000 AED as a cabin manager (if u fly full month, but many CMs don’t)

TanyaD – if u r after EK, u can try while still employed with EY. No ban between these 2 carriers at the moment, and many crew just did that in previous months (years).
There is only one ex-Gulf Air building beeing used for EY crew (no. 11) and it is really bad. Accomodation here is a kind of mixed bag. U can get excellent flat, but u can end up with bad one as well. New buildings are very nice, huge flats, pool and gym (only 2 buildings at the moment). Can’t tell u if this (pool and gym) is going to be a standard for other new buildings.
Speaking about old flats, it depends who lived in it before. It can be nice but it can be bad too. EY at the moment doesn’t have policy of cleaning and refurbishing old flats when someone resigns. (like in EK)
The training is around 8 weeks, I think, not 100% sure. After that u might get 2-3 days off, and than off u go! There is another website where u can get more info on new recruitment process. PM me, and will let u know.

As for the pay, with the allowances we finally got, as a crew in economy class, u can expect (at the moment) around 9000 AED, tax free (around 3100 AUD).
The new salary package will be fully implemented till the end of 2007 and it will be very competitive to the one EK has.

Tashal_bb – do not leave QF!!! Many of my friends work for QF and when I heard your conditions, I was amazed when I saw that some of QF crew want to come and work either for EY or EK.

HoHum – the basic salary hasn’t been increased yet, neither duty pay. It’s only on the paper we all got. At the moment we got allowances.
As for the workload, some flights r easy, but most of them r full these days.

As for the EK-EY comparison, when EY turns 25 years, some people will still say “it’s a new airline, it’s normal to have same problems we had when we were 3 years old”