PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAConnect & Flybe
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2007, 14:12
oldflyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!

Well folks, lot of you seem to be getting areated over my last post, so first up, my apologies if I offended anyone, not intended, but having re-read it, I can understand your comments.Sackcloth and Ashes in the OFB household for a while then.

For info, I am well aware how everyone contributes, and of course all of us, including myself, will work 100% to the success of the company we are joining. Having said that is it wrong to seek the best for everyone, and have concerns about what the future looks like? NO!

LOTS of super folk have lost jobs through this, ops, crew control, customer services, ramp services, managers, the list is endless. And of course I am lucky to have a job.Won't stop me empathising with them and wishing things were different though.

However the truth is that everyone I know would all still love to be working for BA. We understand the reasons why we are not, but don't put us down for having concerns about what flybe are about. It's natural, this transition period is full of uncertainty for us as well as you guys in flybe I am sure.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If it all works out, super, and this oldflyboy will eat humble pie and apologise to everyone if flybe turn out to be the promised land.

And dustybin, I was not referring to my new or old colleagues when I talked about ameteurs................ Apologies if it was read that way, its about process and communication and style, not people.

beaverman, no offence intended, when you have been flying as long as I have of course we are are of how important EVERYONE is, but engineers do whinge as well, I know cause I've worked alongside them for so many years. Quoth" Oh God another full page of cabin defects" etc! Perhaps we can share a pint or two in the future and discuss the merits of communication?

Spaceman, thanks for the comments, but my first para should cover your concerns. We will do our best, will welcome everyone into the new Flybe, ex BACON crew room and look forward, but forgive us the occassional glance over the shoulder please!

Also it's nice to see more contributors on this even if they are slagging me off!

Safe Flying.