PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad
Thread: Etihad
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2007, 13:31
HoHum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from someone working here

Ok ok I know I will be shot down by the negative ones who may not agree with me... but here goes. I don't care.

I have been with EY for quite a while now and find it alright . I came from Aussie airlines too and I must say that in comparison to my old job, this one was a breeze. Yes, there were some hiccups in the early days - but hey, it was very new and that can be expected. I had the same things happen back in my old airline days - and they were/are years old so should have ironed out all the problems!!
EY aircraft are nearly all new, the crew are pretty much great and the lifestyle is ok.
That was all before when the salary was not as good as what it will be in the next few months. The base pay has increased as has the duty pay (paid for each day of flying). Crew are now receiving allowances for layovers - effective since start of March - so things are obviously getting better.

The workload was pretty easy in comparison to what I was used to in my previous airline/s. But that may change - who has that crystal ball? As the company grows - the workload will no doubt change a bit - fact of life .

Friends of mine work for EK and if you think that they have it so much better - then you are horribly mistaken!! Sorry to say. (And I am not trying to put down EK in this statement ) It is just a fact of life.
Eveywhere is the same and it is what you make of it... so for those of you who are considering - it is up to you...no different if you were changing any job. Remember, EY is only a newer airline - stop comparing it to EK or the others - they have been running for years - and STILL have problems !! Compare apples to apples as the saying goes.

Salary compared for Australians is not bad - you have no transport costs, no rent, no utilities to pay for cost of living can be cheaper depending on what you want . So what you earn is for you to spend... after living in Aust, I find it no harder.I remember spending $80 dollars filling up my car with petrol each week - cetainly a thing of the past for me here!!

And I have had the advantage of seeing the world and experiencing a different life for a while.
I have been able to pay off a mortgage and live alright on the old salary - so the new one will be even better now!!
I will be staying for some time yet, I have my life set up here for now and I know the grass is not always greener on the other side. Yes, there a few little things that still need straightening out - but on a day to day basis - everything is acceptable and easy enough to deal with...

Don't let others who may have had a bad experience sour your opinion... there are lots of staff working for EY. On here, you may only read from a few......and yes, everyone has different opinions.So this is mine, that's all.

Let the barrage of insults start now!