PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2007, 23:31
g1344304

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Hello people
I have been invited for stage 2 this summer and am still in a dilemma to choose whether to go to University first or go to CTC. Pls note that in my country, we get paid to go to uni.

I would like to have a backup plan (degree) before becoming a pilot, however, I'm asking how will they take it? Will they cancel my application or keep it on hold?"

Hey, I had the same dilemma a couple of years ago when I first heard of the scheme. I had done about 6months of university and I submitted an application. I was accepted to phase two but turned it down and stated that I had a long talk with family and have decided that it would be more beneficial to complete my degree first and asked if it would be possible to continue with my application then. I got an email back offering me all the support with my degree and that they hoped to hear from me in the future.

Well the future is now and I will be graduating in June. I have been applying to the Flybe MAPS scheme (got stage 3 next week) and CTC and I have my stage 2 assesment in April. My original application was still on file and I could still access it as I had the original emails from CTC including my login details. I simply updated the application, emailed CTC to have the account revalidated (as it had been suspended as per my request) and I submitted the application. Got the good news a few days later. Hope this helps you PPL152