PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Namibia DE-what a mission
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2007, 21:47
redskyventures

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Namibian DE's

Further to the grade II's, apparently DCA has no intention of breaking or issuing dispensation of NAMCAR's, so the provisions for the new issue of privilleges to GII's are to be in compliance with the present regulations.
This in mind I reviewed a few things in the NAMCAR's, and discovered a problem with the license renewal process. Grade II instructors may issue type ratings only for use under a private license, this brings problems to the present situation of CPL VFR renewals, I myself will refrain from doing this until these issues have been sorted out. There is a clause that allows issue of temporary type ratings - this may be a loophole, one that I will, unlike the apparent feeling of DCA, not challenge - rather support, provided said DE's have proper standardisation processes and therefore the license is not degraded.
Hoping the new process will alleviate the shortage of examiners and help the process of CPL VFR and IFR renewals and validations, but I fear the law needs clarification.