PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON
Thread: MANSTON
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2007, 12:15
blazing_air

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I enjoy coming on here and reading the threads posted about KIA, some i agree some i don't and it is very obvious that there are some posters that have not and never will have a good word to say about the airport, which doesn't bother me, as we all have our axes to grind against something.
What i can say is while all the short term gains and losses are debated in minute detail on here, we have to remember that Infratil have stated from day one, that they are in it for the long term and long term investment takes time and money.
In that scense Infratil have only been owners for a very short period and since taking over have invested steadily in equpment, manpower and structure. Even with the most cynical view this would tell someone looking in, that they are doing exactly what they set out to do.
Behind the scenes investment and negotiations are conitnuing on a daily basis, the fruits of which may not be seen for weeks, months or years, but it is happening and the airport is growing.
I personally have had my doubts over the future of the airport and still have a few now, but i'm certainly not going to write off the place while the airport continues to attract new business and continues investing.