PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nationwide Bonds
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2007, 11:19
Justinian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TruBru, (and the rest of the idiots who think jet time is the be-all and end-all)

I recently went for an interview with one of the biggest airlines in the world (as in big - Lots of aircrfat, lots of routes, B777, 747, 340's, 330'3 - you name it!)

In my group I was the only guy that poled an aircraft barely heavy enough to be classified as a medium turboprop. On the other hand there were guys with this classic fluffy rating - none made it!

My point is, don't let this Nationwide scheme of fluffy time mislead you - don't forget about your financial backbone. What do you tell your kids one day when they have to wear crappy clothes, stay in small little house, get dropped off at a *%$#tty little school in a &*(%tty little car??? All because dad reckons the flyffy is THE ! Wake up and smell the scent of computer hardware running your PFD's dude! The classical days are over...

It's YOU that will get you into the airline, not the Fluffy!!!!!

And for the guys who think that paying for a rating is an investment into their career - show me your financial returns and growth of your "investment". What you don't realise is that VB can do that - if you quit the job before he says so. But until four years + you're just a tool for somebody else to make more money!

Good luck!

Last edited by Justinian; 14th Mar 2007 at 14:22.