PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Le Touquet, Sunday
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2007, 11:13
denhamflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too got caught in the mayhem and held for some 20+ minutes. What I found most embarassing was the number of British pilots who ignored specific ATC directions to join early downwind and flew straight into the base and were then instructed to turn right and re-join early downwind - only to call downwind within 2 mins. I was slowing to 120kts and was just joining downwind when two of them were redirected - yet they both arrived downwind before me - amazing! - I must get me one of them timeshift TARDIS thingys would save me a lot of hassle

I have every sympathy for first time visitors anywhere (as I am often one ) I dont think it was down to new visitors just the arrogant english!

I love the place and for a short break it has a lot going for it. Including the excellent and tolerant ATC (although I did hear a small amount of frustration during the stampede to leave) - its a great tool that ATC have "I cant seem to find your flight plan...."

PS. I have been there a number of time never on a Sunday and never that mad - is this normal for a Sunday? If so what the next best place?